A former radio PD who fired me, 58

Research is the key in The Game Of All Games (http://www.stiffs.com/enter/), and information is precious. Therefore, DO NOT blurt out anything you may have heard about a celebrity's health, or even the fact that a famous person is really old, UNLESS that info has appeared on stiffs.com's SickTicker, OR, you have seen or heard it yourself on CNN, ABC, CBS, MSNBC, Fox, AND the Drudge Report. When in doubt, shut the fuck up.

Please also refrain from making public the names of any write-in candidates that have not yet been approved by the Fame Committee. If you don't know what the Fame Committee is, see this immediately.

Be aware, too, that this forum is NOT the place to promote your own shitty dead pool.

One more rule: have fun.
Forum rules
Research is the key in The Game Of All Games (http://www.stiffs.com), and information is precious. Therefore, DO NOT blurt out anything you may have heard about a celebrity's health, or even the fact that a famous person is really old, UNLESS that info has appeared on stiffs.com's SickTicker, OR, you have seen or heard it yourself on CNN, ABC, CBS, MSNBC, Fox, AND the Drudge Report. When in doubt, shut the fuck up.

Please also refrain from making public the names of any write-in candidates that have not yet been approved by the Fame Committee. If you don't know what the Fame Committee is, see this immediately: www.stiffs.com/blog/kpr

Be aware, too, that this forum is NOT the place to promote your own shitty dead pool.

One more rule: have fun.

A former radio PD who fired me, 58

Postby ScottLevison » Wed Jan 03, 2018 5:07 pm

http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/boston ... =187578316

SORIANO, Anna Maria (Fiocca) 58, of Somerville, December 18, 2017. Beloved mother of Jaclyn A. Soriano of Somerville. Loving daughter of the late Frances (Garro) and Anthony F. Fiocca. Cherished sister Joanna Fiocca of Melrose, Joyce Fiocca Bold and her husband Michael of North Andover. Dearest Aunt of Christina Bold of North Andover. Survived by her devoted best friend Illuminata Dellaira of Somerville. She is also survived by her North End childhood friends "The Glue Crew" and numerous extended relatives and friends. Funeral Procession from the George L. Doherty Funeral Home 855 Broadway (Powder House Sq.) Somerville, Friday morning at 9:00 am followed by a Funeral Mass in St. Clement Church, Somerville at 10:00 am. Relatives and friends invited. Calling Hours Thursday 6-8 pm. Interment Private. In lieu of flowers donations may be made in Anna Maria's name to American Lung Assoc., 55 W. Wacker Dr., Suite 1150, Chicago, IL 60601. For more information please visit http://www.dohertyfuneralservice.com. George L. Doherty Funeral Service Somerville, MA
Published in The Boston Globe on Dec. 20, 2017

38 years ago, I went back to school at Bunker Hill CC and worked at the school's radio station (OK,.it was a PA system), WBCC. Our station manager (the recently deceased) worked at Kiss 108 which was the then all-disco station in Boston. Since 95% of the students at BHCC liked Rock, Douchebag (as we called her out of earshot) instituted a 95% Disco format.

Radio Hell.

I'd catch shit from her for playing "Boogie Til You Puke" by Root Boy Slim every show..hey, we had to play "Rapper's Delight 10x a day. One time I played it at the wrong speed accidentally on purpose. Nobody noticed. One thing that did put me on her shit list was when I played "Disco Sucks" by Chuck Wagon & The Wheels. She screamed bloody Hell and threatened to shitcan me if I played it again.

Shortly after that, I was doing my shift...trying to do a rock-leaning show when Douchebag comes in the station and starts up her usual "free-form is dead" bullshit on me and pulls out Michael Jackson's Off The Wall LP (which she had in VERY HEAVY rotation...5-7x a day) and ORDERS me to play it. I play the title cut and come out of it with "Michael Jackson on WBCC, title track from his latest album Off The Wall...I'm Scooter Livingston and I'd love to throw that record off the wall." instant I turned off the mike, I was fired. I mean...the few songs we could choose on our own...she had to approve. I caught hell for playing "In A Gadda Da Vida" because it was too long. "Cocaine" by Clapton...another song that too long and it was a drug song...but long rap songs were OK.

A few months later she left BHCC and the instant one of my friends replaced her, he sends word for me to get my ass down to the WBCC studio. Douchebag is in the station and she says "YOU'RE NOT WELCOME HERE....GET OUT!" My friend says "As of now, Scooter's back on the air" and he gets up and motions for me to get behind the mike. The look on her face was priceless.

If I had a copy of Off The Wall, I'd throw it off the wall in her honor.
The highway sign in my avatar isn't here in Florida...but it should be...
ScottLevison
Criminally Insane

Re: A former radio PD who fired me, 58

Postby ctredbird » Thu Jan 04, 2018 12:10 pm

Life with her does not sound like it was a Thriller.
ctredbird
Criminally Insane

Postby ScottLevison » Thu Jan 04, 2018 7:06 pm

ctredbird wrote:Life with her does not sound like it was a Thriller.

You got that right.

The King Of All Media had Pig Virus...I had Douchebag. At least I didn't have to say the call letters as "WBeeeeeeeCC
ScottLevison
Criminally Insane

Postby Chicago Jake » Thu Jan 04, 2018 9:47 pm

ScottLevison wrote:

You got that right.

The King Of All Media had Pig Virus...I had Douchebag. At least I didn't have to say the call letters as "WBeeeeeeeCC

[yoda]Much anger in you I sense. Good for you, it is not.[/yoda]
Chicago Jake
Criminally Insane

Postby ScottLevison » Thu Jan 04, 2018 10:12 pm

Chicago Jake wrote:
ScottLevison wrote:

You got that right.

[yoda]Much anger in you I sense. Good for you, it is not.[/yoda]

Me? Angry? Hardly :) I'm 61 she was 58. I've outlived her.

Seriously..if you had to work with her, you'd be angry too.
ScottLevison
Criminally Insane

Return to Come On In