Yes, he is quite a businessman (political)

Research is the key in The Game Of All Games (http://www.stiffs.com/enter/), and information is precious. Therefore, DO NOT blurt out anything you may have heard about a celebrity's health, or even the fact that a famous person is really old, UNLESS that info has appeared on stiffs.com's SickTicker, OR, you have seen or heard it yourself on CNN, ABC, CBS, MSNBC, Fox, AND the Drudge Report. When in doubt, shut the fuck up.

Please also refrain from making public the names of any write-in candidates that have not yet been approved by the Fame Committee. If you don't know what the Fame Committee is, see this immediately.

Be aware, too, that this forum is NOT the place to promote your own shitty dead pool.

One more rule: have fun.
Forum rules
Research is the key in The Game Of All Games (http://www.stiffs.com), and information is precious. Therefore, DO NOT blurt out anything you may have heard about a celebrity's health, or even the fact that a famous person is really old, UNLESS that info has appeared on stiffs.com's SickTicker, OR, you have seen or heard it yourself on CNN, ABC, CBS, MSNBC, Fox, AND the Drudge Report. When in doubt, shut the fuck up.

Please also refrain from making public the names of any write-in candidates that have not yet been approved by the Fame Committee. If you don't know what the Fame Committee is, see this immediately: www.stiffs.com/blog/kpr

Be aware, too, that this forum is NOT the place to promote your own shitty dead pool.

One more rule: have fun.

Re: Yes, he is quite a businessman (political)

Postby DGD » Mon Apr 30, 2012 1:54 pm

Rev. Jedi highlander wrote:The only reliable news source is The Onion.

..and The Daily Show.
"Outside a dog, a book is your best friend. Inside a dog, it's too dark to read." - Groucho Marx
DGD
Sociopathic Freak

Postby Deathpool Dave » Wed May 02, 2012 5:43 am

A Rupert Murdoch owned newspaper is being held up as a bastion of non-bias. Considering what we have learned about Murdoch over the last few years and some of his other publications, I find the conclusion to be a joke.
Who owns a publication is irrelevant – it is defined by content, not ownership. The fact that Murdock owns rags doesn’t mean that the WSJ is also a rag.

Here in NY, the Voice has exposed many local scandals and has also gone after left-wing scandals. The next time a Fox affiliate goes after the Republicans someone should let me know about it
I don’t listen to FNC much so I don’t really know. Did they report on Herman Cain’s issues? That’s the last GOP scandal that I can think of… And maybe the VV has done good work in the past – the article posted was still garbage.

..and The Daily Show.
You bring up an interesting point. The people I hear bitching about “Faux News” etc. never seem to mind MSNBC, The NY Times, The Daily Show, etc. So they’re not mad about slanted news – they’re mad about news that slants in a direction other than theirs.
Be well. Call me if you're not.
Deathpool Dave
Criminally Insane

Postby Lucky Punk » Wed May 02, 2012 7:18 am

DP

The owner of a publication is irrelevant?

We know that Rupert is a criminal. We knoew that he makes no attempt to hide his political leanings.

We know through leaked memos that truth does not matter to him.

Yet, it is your contention that a publication he runs does not have an agemda that tsints his reporting of news events.

Again, you say the Voice is a rag, despite their having no similar issues.
The American city, ?, is a primary (first or highest in rank or importance) target of terrorism.
Lucky Punk
Criminally Insane

Postby Rev. Jedi highlander » Wed May 02, 2012 9:56 am

Deathpool Dave wrote:You bring up an interesting point. The people I hear bitching about “Faux News” etc. never seem to mind MSNBC, The NY Times, The Daily Show, etc. So they’re not mad about slanted news – they’re mad about news that slants in a direction other than theirs.

I don't care that Fixed News is slanted to the right, the thing that pisses me off about them is the fact that they're so full of shit about it. They turn around and claim to be "Fair and Balanced", "We report, you decide", and the blatantly obvious conservative pundit Bill O'Reilly claiming to be an "Unbiased independent". Bullshit.

And The Daily Show is countered by The Colbert Report.
Rev. Jedi highlander
Criminally Insane

Postby Deathpool Dave » Wed May 02, 2012 10:24 am

The owner of a publication is irrelevant?
In this case, yes.

We know that Rupert is a criminal.
Has been convicted of something? I must confess – I haven’t followed that phone hacking story closely. I know it involved one of his British rags and not the WSJ.

We knoew that he makes no attempt to hide his political leanings. We know through leaked memos that truth does not matter to him.
He’s not a reporter, he’s not a writer, he’s not an editor. He doesn’t work for the WSJ – he just owns it; and that ownership does not appear to me to affect its content.

Yet, it is your contention that a publication he runs does not have an agemda that tsints his reporting of news events.
Yes – based solely upon its content. I read the WSJ and it seems very objective to me. They have editorials, but most papers do and they are clearly labeled and the general news reporting seems objective. Murdock bought it a few years ago and it didn’t seem like it changed at all to me.

Again, you say the Voice is a rag, despite their having no similar issues
I cited several specific and objective reasons why I thought that article lacked credibility. Explain how those opinions are incorrect…

I don't care that Fixed News is slanted to the right, the thing that pisses me off about them is the fact that they're so full of shit about it. They turn around and claim to be "Fair and Balanced", "We report, you decide", and the blatantly obvious conservative pundit Bill O'Reilly claiming to be an "Unbiased independent". Bullshit.
I catch O’Reilly’s show from time time - he is certainly conservative, but he has liberal guests. Colmes, Geraldo, Juan Williams, Marc Something Something (that young black dude with 3 names) etc – those are regulars, and he has a lot of liberal guests too. I think MSNBC is further to the left than FNC is to the right. FNC certainly wins the ratings war and by a large margin. Perhaps most impressive is the stable of female talent – all those FNC chicks are babes. One of them – I think her name is Gilfoil or something like that – is absolutely stunning.

And The Daily Show is countered by The Colbert Report.
They have the same ideology – Colbert is just using satire to riff on O’Reilly’s bit (and he does it really well – mannerisms, graphics, etc). Both those shows are damn funny...
Deathpool Dave
Criminally Insane

Postby Rev. Jedi highlander » Wed May 02, 2012 10:58 am

Deathpool Dave wrote:Perhaps most impressive is the stable of female talent – all those FNC chicks are babes.

Want.
Rev. Jedi highlander
Criminally Insane

Postby Lucky Punk » Wed May 02, 2012 11:09 am

DP

OJ was not convicted of murder. Was he a criminal?

You run a a company. Are you not resposible for its policies and decision-making?
The American city, ?, is a primary (first or highest in rank or importance) target of terrorism.
Lucky Punk
Criminally Insane

Postby Deathpool Dave » Wed May 02, 2012 12:01 pm

OJ was not convicted of murder. Was he a criminal? You run a a company. Are you not resposible for its policies and decision-making?
You're missing my point. I'm not saying that he is not responsible for content - he absolutely is. I'm saying the content of the WSJ seems objective and non-biased to me.
Deathpool Dave
Criminally Insane

Postby lindbergh » Fri May 04, 2012 9:51 am

You're right. It has nothing to do with us. Rupert Murdoch & his son, lying to Parliament, bribery, phone hacking, spinning the news. It could only happen in the UK. Employees of Murdoch's businesses would never try that here. :roll:
lindbergh
Sociopathic Freak

Postby Deathpool Dave » Fri May 04, 2012 10:58 am

You're right. It has nothing to do with us. Rupert Murdoch & his son, lying to Parliament, bribery, phone hacking, spinning the news. It could only happen in the UK. Employees of Murdoch's businesses would never try that here
Maybe they would, maybe they wouldn't. Maybe they have, maybe they have not. I don't know. What I do know is that the WSJ appears objective and unbias to me.
Deathpool Dave
Criminally Insane

Previous

Return to Come On In