"I Woke Up In Jail This Morning...

Research is the key in The Game Of All Games (http://www.stiffs.com/enter/), and information is precious. Therefore, DO NOT blurt out anything you may have heard about a celebrity's health, or even the fact that a famous person is really old, UNLESS that info has appeared on stiffs.com's SickTicker, OR, you have seen or heard it yourself on CNN, ABC, CBS, MSNBC, Fox, AND the Drudge Report. When in doubt, shut the fuck up.

Please also refrain from making public the names of any write-in candidates that have not yet been approved by the Fame Committee. If you don't know what the Fame Committee is, see this immediately.

Be aware, too, that this forum is NOT the place to promote your own shitty dead pool.

One more rule: have fun.
Forum rules
Research is the key in The Game Of All Games (http://www.stiffs.com), and information is precious. Therefore, DO NOT blurt out anything you may have heard about a celebrity's health, or even the fact that a famous person is really old, UNLESS that info has appeared on stiffs.com's SickTicker, OR, you have seen or heard it yourself on CNN, ABC, CBS, MSNBC, Fox, AND the Drudge Report. When in doubt, shut the fuck up.

Please also refrain from making public the names of any write-in candidates that have not yet been approved by the Fame Committee. If you don't know what the Fame Committee is, see this immediately: www.stiffs.com/blog/kpr

Be aware, too, that this forum is NOT the place to promote your own shitty dead pool.

One more rule: have fun.

Re: "I Woke Up In Jail This Morning...

Postby ScottLevison » Fri Oct 02, 2015 8:46 pm

He was overdue...

http://www.nbcmiami.com/news/local/Davi ... 79191.html

David Cassidy Charged in Alleged Hit-and-Run Crash in Fort Lauderdale

Former teen idol David Cassidy is facing charges related to an alleged hit-and-run crash in Fort Lauderdale.

Cassidy, 65, was charged with leaving the scene of an accident, driving with a suspended license and improper lane change in the Sept. 9 crash on I-595, according to a crash report released Friday.

According to the report, the "Partridge Family" star was driving a silver Kia that struck a truck in the westbound lanes of the highway. A witness said Cassidy pulled over then left the scene, the report said.

The witness told authorities Cassidy tried to cover the license plate on his car before he left, the report said.

Cassidy's car was found in the parking lot of the Cleveland Clinic in Weston with extensive damage to the passenger side, the report said. Cassidy, who was at the hospital for a visit unrelated to the crash, said he gave his driver license and registration information to the truck driver, the report said.

There were no major injuries.

Cassidy, who filed a Chapter 11 bankruptcy case earlier this year, sold his Fort Lauderdale home for just over $2 million last month. Earlier this year, he was sentenced to a $900 fine and community service for a 2013 drunken-driving charge in upstate New York.

Last year, Cassidy's wife filed for divorce after 23 years of marriage, and he entered alcohol rehabilitation after being charged with driving while intoxicated in Los Angeles in 2014.

Cassidy also had his license suspended for six months after pleading no contest to driving under the influence in Florida in 2011.

Cassidy is scheduled to be arraigned on Oct. 27.
The highway sign in my avatar isn't here in Florida...but it should be...
ScottLevison
Criminally Insane

Postby Chicago Jake » Sat Oct 03, 2015 7:04 am

He should just "transition to being a woman" and they'll let him skate on those charges.
Chicago Jake
Criminally Insane

Postby lindbergh » Sat Oct 03, 2015 7:35 am

Maybe he'll fall asleep on the sofa with a lit cigarette and burn himself to a snarbuckle.

lind "the apple don't fall far from the tree" bergh
lindbergh
Sociopathic Freak

Postby Boomshadow » Sat Oct 03, 2015 9:01 pm

What is he so afraid of?
"You never push a noun against a verb without trying to blow up something."
— H.L. Mencken
Boomshadow
Criminally Insane

Postby ScottLevison » Mon Feb 20, 2017 12:45 pm

He's in the booze--oops--the news again....

http://www.msn.com/en-us/music/celebrit ... li=BBnb7Kz

David Cassidy slurs, falls, forgets during concert, sparking alcohol fears: Watch

https://youtu.be/dxwFQPXuKJo

By Marisa Laudadio
15 hrs ago

Fans are worried about David Cassidy.

During the pop legend's concert at the Canyon Club in Agoura Hills, Calif., on Feb. 18, he appeared intoxicated, slurred his words and at one point even fell down over a monitor, TMZ reports -- leading to speculation that he's fallen off the wagon.

The onetime teen idol, 66, also took long pauses and forgot lyrics during his performance. Fans posted videos from the messy night on social media lamenting what they saw.

"David Cassidy was horrible tonight. No mercy to this drunk disaster show," tweeted one concertgoer, who posted a video from the show.

YouTube ‎@YouTube
Follow
fernando perdomo @fperdomo
David Cassidy was horrible tonight. No mercy to this drunk disaster show. https://youtu.be/zYz8rV1DfRM
3:02 AM - 19 Feb 2017
5 5 Retweets 12 12 likes
"Somebody, please help #davidcassidy. #drunk," wrote another Twitter user alongside yet another video.

Follow
audrey fisher-price @little_audrey
Somebody, please help #davidcassidy. #drunk
3:19 AM - 19 Feb 2017
4 4 Retweets 9 9 likes
TMZ also posted a video that shows the "Partridge Family" alum's antics as well as his fall around the 1-minute mark above.

David has previously admitted to having a problem with alcohol and has been in rehab before. He was arrested on DUI charges in 2010, 2013 and 2014.

In early February, David announced plans to retire at the end of 2017 -- something he referenced on stage during his Feb. 18 show -- though has said it doesn't mean he'll never perform again.

"Traveling and my arthritis has certainly made these cross country shows much more difficult for me now. As most of you know, I live very happily in South Florida as it makes my life much more manageable," he wrote on his website on Feb. 1.

"What a remarkable, long-lived career I have been blessed to have. I love my band, whom are all very gifted, as friends... I'm planning on working less and less due to travel. However, I've never loved playing live in concert as much as I have in the past few years," he continued. "This for me has been almost like a drug! My audience reactions and phenomenal support have made it so sweet and gratifying. I could never repay the love and the reward I get from all my fans from around the world."

In another post on Feb. 3, he again talked about his decision to scale back. "This has been a very difficult decision for me that nobody can possibly understand. 49 YEARS of doing concerts!!!" he wrote.

Neither David nor his rep have commented on the show that TMZ branded a "sad performance," but he's still slated to play what he's said will be the last West Coast concert of his career on Feb. 19 at the Granada Theatre in Santa Barbara, Calif.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Guess he'll have a lot of extra time to go out for a drive....
ScottLevison
Criminally Insane

Postby Chicago Jake » Mon Feb 20, 2017 4:19 pm

Well, he told People Magazine that he is suffering from dementia.....

http://people.com/celebrity/david-cassidy-dementia/
Chicago Jake
Criminally Insane

Postby Boomshadow » Mon Feb 20, 2017 11:16 pm

Chicago Jake wrote:Well, he told People Magazine that he is suffering from dementia.....

http://people.com/celebrity/david-cassidy-dementia/

What proof does he have...and what was it distilled from?
"You never push a noun against a verb without trying to blow up something."
— H.L. Mencken
Boomshadow
Criminally Insane

Postby Northern Reaper » Tue Feb 21, 2017 9:19 am

An announcement was made in the news yesterday. I can say nothing further.
Northern Reaper
Criminally Insane

Postby ScottLevison » Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:29 pm

He won't be getting anymore DUIs....

http://www.cnn.com/2017/11/21/entertain ... index.html

David Cassidy, '70s teen heartthrob, dies at age 67

By Lisa Respers France, CNN
Updated 10:05 PM ET, Tue November 21, 2017

(CNN)David Cassidy, who came to fame as a '70s teen heartthrob and lead singer on "The Partridge Family," has died, according to his publicist Jo-Ann Geffen. He was 67.

The singer-actor had recently been admitted to the intensive care unit of a Fort Lauderdale, Florida, area hospital. Cassidy was in critical condition and suffering from organ failure before his death Tuesday, Geffen said.

"David died surrounded by those he loved, with joy in his heart and free from the pain that had gripped him for so long. Thank you for the abundance and support you have shown him these many years," she said.

Cassidy's nephew, Jack Cassidy, tweeted about his uncle's death, saying "I can't help but thank God for the joy that he brought to countless millions of people."

Jack Cassidy

@jackgcassidy
My uncle David Cassidy has sadly passed away tonight... & in the process of mourning I can't help but thank God for the joy that he brought to countless millions of people! I don't think I'm alone in saying that we will all miss him. God Speed!
9:29 PM - Nov 21, 2017
396 396 Replies 823 823 Retweets 2,817 2,817 likes
Twitter Ads info and privacy

David Cassidy was born into the entertainment industry that made him a star.

His father was famed actor and singer Jack Cassidy, and his mother was actress Evelyn Ward.

After his parents split in 1956, the elder Cassidy married actress and singer Shirley Jones the same year.

Cassidy moved in with his father, Jones and his three half-brothers after getting his high school diploma in 1968. His father helped him launch his career as an actor and musician.

His early work included appearances on "Ironside," "Marcus Welby, M.D.," "Adam-12" and "Bonanza."

In 1970, Cassidy began playing the role of Keith Partridge on the musical sitcom "The Partridge Family." His stepmother, Jones, portrayed his mother, a widow with five children.

The popular ABC series ran for four years and also had a successful run in syndication.

The show also spurred several pop hits.

The single "I Think I Love You," featuring Cassidy on lead vocals, hit No. 1 on the Billboard charts in 1970 and sold more than 5 million copies. The songs "Doesn't Somebody Want To Be Wanted" and "I'll Meet You Halfway" also cracked the top 10 the next year.

The group was nominated for a best new artist Grammy.

Cassidy later launched a solo career, recording a dozen studio albums and six compilation albums.

He continued to work in television after "The Partridge Family" ended, performing in theater productions and briefly landing his own show, "David Cassidy - Man Undercover," which lasted a season.

Cassidy fared better in Las Vegas. He starred as the leading man of MGM Grand's "EFX" in 1996 and developed a show titled "At the Copa," which he co-starred in with Sheena Easton in 2000.

Cassidy released his autobiography, "Could It Be Forever? My Story," in 2007, writing about the pitfalls of fame and his failed first two marriages.

He had a daughter, Katie Cassidy, in 1986, from a relationship with Sherry Williams Benedon, and a son, Beau, with third wife Sue Shifrin, in 1991.

Cassidy hit some low points and ended up in rehab in 2014 after his third arrest for driving under the influence.

That same year Shifrin filed for divorce.

In 2017, Cassidy revealed that he was in the early stages of dementia, the same disease his mother and grandfather suffered from.

"To watch someone who raised you lose their mind and disappear is arguably the most painful thing I have ever experienced," Cassidy told CNN in a 2012 interview.

As for a career highlight Cassidy remembered fondly, he described the roar of a crowd that included his family at a 1972 performance at Madison Square Garden.

"It was so emotional for me. I was so blessed to have that moment with them," he told CNN in 2014. "It's the highlight of my life."

Those who worked with Cassidy in the entertainment business shared their memories and condolences on social media.

Brian Wilson

@BrianWilsonLive
I’m very sad to hear about David Cassidy. There were times in the mid-1970s when he would come over to my house and we even started writing a song together. He was a very talented and nice person. Love & Mercy to David and his family.
9:25 PM - Nov 21, 2017
24 24 Replies 449 449 Retweets 1,561 1,561 likes

Musician Brian Wilson of the Beach Boys said he and Cassidy once started writing a song together. "He was a very talented and nice person. Love & Mercy to David and his family."
View image on TwitterView image on Twitter

Marlee Matlin

@MarleeMatlin
#DavidCassidy. You were so sweet to me and you left us too soon. To me and millions of us you were forever young. RIP.
9:17 PM - Nov 21, 2017
19 19 Replies 108 108 Retweets 759 759 likes

Actress Marlee Matlin tweeted, "To me and millions of us you were forever young."

Larry King

@kingsthings
Sad to learn David Cassidy has died. Like his father Jack he had great talent, and a complicated life. Condolences to his wonderful family.
9:43 PM - Nov 21, 2017
5 5 Replies 100 100 Retweets 357 357 likes

Interviewer Larry King said, "Like his father Jack he had great talent, and a complicated life. Condolences to his wonderful family."

Alexa PenaVega

@alexavega
My heart is hurting. You were an amazing tv daddy! Proud and honored to have worked with one of the best. Love and Prayers #DavidCassidy
9:29 PM - Nov 21, 2017
12 12 Replies 60 60 Retweets 421 421 likes

Alexa PenaVega worked with Cassidy on "Ruby & the Rockits," a 2009 TV show created by Shaun Cassidy, David's half-brother. She said Cassidy was "an amazing TV daddy."
View image on Twitter
View image on Twitter

Harry Connick Jr

@HarryConnickJR
so sad to hear of the passing of david cassidy... he was always so kind to me - such a pleasure to have had him on my show... sending love and prayers to his family... R.I.P. friend ❤️
9:34 PM - Nov 21, 2017
35 35 Replies 252 252 Retweets 1,369 1,369 likes

Musician Harry Connick Jr. also shared memories.
ScottLevison
Criminally Insane

Postby Northern Reaper » Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:51 pm

I wonder if he did Susan Dey.
Northern Reaper
Criminally Insane

Postby FeastingMaggots » Tue Nov 21, 2017 11:34 pm

Classic Wet Brain Dementia aka Wernicke–Korsakoff syndrome.
Do the right thing! Give Vince Young HIS Heisman Trophy! Jan. 4th 2006 he proved to the world who was the best player in college football for the 2005 season.
FeastingMaggots
Criminally Insane

Postby Unresponsive1 » Wed Nov 22, 2017 7:40 am

ScottLevison wrote:In early February, David announced plans to retire at the end of 2017 -- something he referenced on stage during his Feb. 18 show
Damn, he almost made it. Apparently making such a statement is as dangerous for pop stars as it is for movie cops.
Unresponsive1
Borderline Nuisance

Previous

Return to Come On In