John Hillerman, 84

Research is the key in The Game Of All Games (http://www.stiffs.com/enter/), and information is precious. Therefore, DO NOT blurt out anything you may have heard about a celebrity's health, or even the fact that a famous person is really old, UNLESS that info has appeared on stiffs.com's SickTicker, OR, you have seen or heard it yourself on CNN, ABC, CBS, MSNBC, Fox, AND the Drudge Report. When in doubt, shut the fuck up.

Please also refrain from making public the names of any write-in candidates that have not yet been approved by the Fame Committee. If you don't know what the Fame Committee is, see this immediately.

Be aware, too, that this forum is NOT the place to promote your own shitty dead pool.

One more rule: have fun.
Forum rules
Research is the key in The Game Of All Games (http://www.stiffs.com), and information is precious. Therefore, DO NOT blurt out anything you may have heard about a celebrity's health, or even the fact that a famous person is really old, UNLESS that info has appeared on stiffs.com's SickTicker, OR, you have seen or heard it yourself on CNN, ABC, CBS, MSNBC, Fox, AND the Drudge Report. When in doubt, shut the fuck up.

Please also refrain from making public the names of any write-in candidates that have not yet been approved by the Fame Committee. If you don't know what the Fame Committee is, see this immediately: www.stiffs.com/blog/kpr

Be aware, too, that this forum is NOT the place to promote your own shitty dead pool.

One more rule: have fun.

John Hillerman, 84

Postby ScottLevison » Thu Nov 09, 2017 6:44 pm

http://ew.com/tv/2017/11/09/john-hiller ... ctor-dies/

Magnum P.I. and Chinatown actor John Hillerman dies at 84

MAUREEN LEE LENKER@THEMAUREENLEE

POSTED ON NOVEMBER 9, 2017 AT 6:43PM EST

John Hillerman, best known for his portrayal of stuffy Brit Jonathan Higgins, the foil to Tom Selleck’s unconventional detective on Magnum P.I., has died at his home in Texas from unknown causes, according to The New York Times. He was 84.

Born on Dec. 20, 1932 in Texas, where he was also raised, Hillerman ironically became most associated with a British character, Magnum P.I.’s by-the-book Higgins. He also portrayed the same character on episodes of Murder, She Wrote and Simon & Simon.

Hillerman began his career as a stage actor until he caught the eye of director Peter Bogdanovich, who cast him in his film debut as a teacher in The Last Picture Show. He went on to have memorable roles in films including Paper Moon, Chinatown, and Blazing Saddles.

As an actor, he is best known for his career on television. Beyond Magnum P.I., he also made memorable impressions as cocky radio show detective Simon Brimmer on the Ellery Queen series and as difficult boss Mr. Connors on One Day at a Time. Additional TV roles included stints on The Love Boat, Valerie, and The Betty White Show.

He made his final screen appearance in 1996’s A Very Brady Sequel and then retired back to his home state of Texas.
The highway sign in my avatar isn't here in Florida...but it should be...
ScottLevison
Criminally Insane

Re: John Hillerman, 84

Postby Boomshadow » Thu Nov 09, 2017 8:27 pm

Zeus...Apollo...heart...attack...
"You never push a noun against a verb without trying to blow up something."
— H.L. Mencken
Boomshadow
Criminally Insane

Postby Chicago Jake » Thu Nov 09, 2017 11:24 pm

Magnum won't have to negotiate for the Ferrari anymore.
Chicago Jake
Criminally Insane

Postby ScottLevison » Fri Nov 10, 2017 11:58 am

Oh

My

GOD!!!

MAGNUM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IT'S THE BLASTED REAPER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The highway sign in my avatar isn't here in Florida...but it should be...
ScottLevison
Criminally Insane

Return to Come On In