Florida Thread: Fucked Up Shit from America's Wang

Research is the key in The Game Of All Games (http://www.stiffs.com/enter/), and information is precious. Therefore, DO NOT blurt out anything you may have heard about a celebrity's health, or even the fact that a famous person is really old, UNLESS that info has appeared on stiffs.com's SickTicker, OR, you have seen or heard it yourself on CNN, ABC, CBS, MSNBC, Fox, AND the Drudge Report. When in doubt, shut the fuck up.

Please also refrain from making public the names of any write-in candidates that have not yet been approved by the Fame Committee. If you don't know what the Fame Committee is, see this immediately.

Be aware, too, that this forum is NOT the place to promote your own shitty dead pool.

One more rule: have fun.
Forum rules
Research is the key in The Game Of All Games (http://www.stiffs.com), and information is precious. Therefore, DO NOT blurt out anything you may have heard about a celebrity's health, or even the fact that a famous person is really old, UNLESS that info has appeared on stiffs.com's SickTicker, OR, you have seen or heard it yourself on CNN, ABC, CBS, MSNBC, Fox, AND the Drudge Report. When in doubt, shut the fuck up.

Please also refrain from making public the names of any write-in candidates that have not yet been approved by the Fame Committee. If you don't know what the Fame Committee is, see this immediately: www.stiffs.com/blog/kpr

Be aware, too, that this forum is NOT the place to promote your own shitty dead pool.

One more rule: have fun.

Re: Florida Thread: Fucked Up Shit from America's Wang

Postby ScottLevison » Wed Feb 01, 2017 7:08 am

http://www.tallahassee.com/story/news/2 ... /97135232/

Tallahassee pastor's tryst in spotlight

Ryan Dailey , Democrat staff writer Published 5:47 a.m. ET Jan. 30, 2017

A well-known Tallahassee pastor was forced to flee naked after a husband came home early and found him having sex with the man's wife.

The details of the Jan.17 episode outlined in a police report, combined with Pastor O. Jermaine Simmons' address to members of his Jacob Chapel congregation about the incident, have been the subject of intense social media and internet buzz.

The address, which was filmed and uploaded to YouTube by someone in the congregation, has been seen by tens of thousands over the last week. The story also was discussed on the nationally syndicated Tom Joyner Morning Show, which airs on WHBX in Tallahassee.

In an address to his members, Simmons seemed to portray the congregation and himself as the victims.

“I’m hurting because I’ve hurt you,” Simmons said on Sunday, Jan. 22. “I can’t speak to people on the outside. I am not Tallahassee’s pastor. I am not Florida’s pastor. I am Jacob Chapel’s pastor. It hurts me that you have to defend my actions. You cannot defend sin,” he continued to loud applause from the congregation.

The scandal broke during the same week Simmons and the church were celebrating the 11th anniversary of his leadership. He was scheduled to hold a signing of his first book “I Need a Man,” which, according to his website’s description, “offers a fresh perspective on the issues of godly manhood and mentoring.”

Simmons, who is married and has a son, is well known locally for addressing the physical and spiritual needs of college students and the down-trodden. He established a cold night shelter and also organizes the annual Back to School Bash, which collects and distributes backpacks and other school supplies for hundreds of Tallahassee children.

However, his recent actions outside the pulpit have brought him unwanted attention.

According to a Tallahassee Police report, officers went to the Sienna Square apartments on Capital Circle Northeast in the middle of the afternoon of Jan. 17 after a woman called to report that her husband was angry and had a handgun after he encountered his wife and Simmons having sex in the daughter's bedroom. The man came home early after the school called him to pick up his sick son. The school had tried unsuccessfully to reach the wife.

According to the woman, Simmons came over to discuss starting a business and providing less fortunate kids with clothes and shoes,” but they ended up in bed together. The woman told police she and Simmons began “establishing a relationship” last October.

After the husband interrupted the tryst, he yelled "I'm gonna kill him" and ran to the master bedroom for his handgun; Simmons fled the apartment naked and hid behind a nearby fence.

The wife then called the police and her husband left with Simmons' clothes, wallet and car keys, which he threatened to drop off at the church. He also threatened to expose Simmons on Facebook.

The wife told police her husband never threatened her and she declined to press charges. Simmons also declined to press charges. State Attorney Jack Campbell, "citing the interests of all involved," decided against prosecution.

After phone negotiations with police, the husband arranged to return Simmons' belongings. The husband turned over the handgun to NAACP Tallahassee Branch President Dale Landry.

“My prayers to the families involved and the church and our community,“ said Landry. “May God guide all our hearts and minds as we move through this period."

Simmons, who has led the independent church since 2005, said he won't quit.

"What I want from God, I have already received - that’s his forgiveness, " Simmons said in his address. "What I am asking of our members is your prayers and your forgiveness.”

In response, the congregation stood and applauded for several minutes.
The highway sign in my avatar isn't here in Florida...but it should be...
ScottLevison
Criminally Insane

Postby Boomshadow » Wed Feb 01, 2017 9:36 pm

I guess the wife was pastor-primed.
"You never push a noun against a verb without trying to blow up something."
— H.L. Mencken
Boomshadow
Criminally Insane

Postby ScottLevison » Fri Feb 24, 2017 12:21 pm

http://jacksonville.com/news/public-saf ... fernandina

Man claiming he is the devil arrested after attempts made to set Fernandina Beach boat ablaze

Posted February 23, 2017 11:07 am | Updated February 23, 2017 12:28 pm
By Dan Scanlan

A 34-year-old man was arrested Wednesday night on charges of arson and child neglect after someone tried to set a boat with a teenage boy on board ablaze in the Fernandina Beach City Marina, according to the Fernandina Beach Police Department.

Brandon L. Hooper originally refused to come out of the boat when deputies arrived, then was arrested after saying he was “the devil” and wanted to die, according to his arrest report.

Officers were called to a boat in the South Front Street marina at 6:30 p.m. after calls of a possible domestic disturbance, the report said. A woman told police her boyfriend had tried to set their boat on fire with cigarettes and a lighter following an argument. The woman and teen were on the boat with Hooper at the time, police said.

The woman and teen were told he wanted to “burn the boat down” as he grabbed a lighter, then lit cigarettes and tossed them, even into a closet with clothing inside, police said. The 17-year-old tried to grab and extinguish the cigarettes as they were thrown. But the teen was grabbed, slapped and shoved aside, police said.

ScottLevison
Criminally Insane

Postby ScottLevison » Wed Mar 08, 2017 11:35 pm

http://www.alligator.org/news/crime/art ... 47e0e.html

'Intoxicated' UF Student Body president-elect arrested in Key West

Paige Fry, Staff Writer Mar 8, 2017 Updated 6 hrs ago

UF’s newly elected Student Body president was arrested Tuesday in Key West, Florida, after police said he drunkenly knocked over two Harley-Davidson motorcycles while on Spring Break.

William Smith Meyers, 22, was observed by a witness at about 2 a.m. Tuesday getting on several parked motorcycles in the 400 block of William Street and attempting to turn them on, according to a Monroe County arrest report.

When they wouldn’t start, Meyers got upset and knocked them down onto the roadway, according to the report.

The right-side handlebars of both motorcycles were damaged, and the saddlebags of one motorcycle were scratched, according to the report.

When officers with the Key West Police Department arrived, Meyers was not making sense and appeared to be drunk. The arresting officer wrote, “Meyers was so intoxicated that he did not even recall coming down to Key West for spring break vacation," according to the report.

Asked about knocking down the motorcycles, he told an officer that people don’t know how to ride their bikes, according to the report.

Police arrested Meyers on a charge of criminal mischief and took him to the Monroe County Detention Center, according to the report.

He was released Tuesday afternoon with a $328 bond, according to the jail.

Despite being reportedly drunk in public, Meyers was not arrested on an alcohol-related charge. In an interview with the Gainesville Sun, Key West Police spokesperson Alyson Crean said officers in the island city try to exercise discretion when considering charges against college students who visit for Spring Break.

"We don't want to ruin this kid's life for knocking over a couple of bikes," Crean told the Sun.

When contacted on Wednesday, UF President Kent Fuchs declined to comment on Meyers' arrest.

Meyers was elected to be the next Student Body President on Feb. 22, when he ran with Impact Party unopposed. His executive ticket ran under the tagline, “Character that counts.”

Previously, Meyers was the Student Senate president, elected unanimously Oct. 4, and ended his term Feb. 28, according to Alligator archives.

The UF food and resource economics senior is also a member of UF’s chapter of Alpha Tau Omega.

Meyers and Impact spokesperson Janae Moodie could not be immediately reached for comment.

ScottLevison
Criminally Insane

Postby ScottLevison » Thu Mar 23, 2017 7:11 pm

http://www.pnj.com/story/news/crime/201 ... /99458384/

Police: Gulf Breeze woman spits on cop, says she's Pakistani royalty

From staff reports , pnj.com Published 5:13 p.m. CT March 21, 2017 | Updated 5:21 p.m. CT March 21, 2017

A woman who police say bit her uncle is facing additional charges after she allegedly provided authorities a false name and spat on an officer.

Angela Christine Millikin, 23, of Gulf Breeze, was arrested Tuesday morning. Santa Rosa Sheriff’s Office deputies responded at about 4 a.m. to a call near Oriole Beach Road and Wind Meadow Drive after it was reported that a white female in a red shirt and gray shorts who was allegedly involved in a recent attack had left the scene.

Officers stopped to speak with Millikin, who matched the description, but she told officers her name was Duchess "Christine Pharoah" and she was Pakistani royalty, according to the arrest report. Millikin gave police her real date of birth though, so officers matched her to the description and took her back to the scene.

The victim, Millikin’s uncle, told police his niece had been screaming in their shared house and he rushed in to see what the problem was. She asked to use his phone and when he refused, Millikin allegedly started hitting the victim in the face and bit his hand, breaking the skin.

As Millikin was being taken into police custody, she spat on an officer, striking him on his cheek, according to the police report.

Millikin faces charges of battery, battery on law enforcement and fraud.

ScottLevison
Criminally Insane

Postby JGL53 » Thu Mar 23, 2017 10:28 pm

Don't do drugs, kids. Uh, drugs are bad. They're bad. M'Kay?
Last edited by JGL53 on Fri Mar 24, 2017 7:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JGL53
Dead Pool Nerd

Postby ScottLevison » Fri Mar 24, 2017 5:05 pm

http://wfla.com/2017/03/24/man-facing-c ... d-roadway/

Man facing charges after eating pancakes in middle of Lakeland roadway

LAKELAND, Fla. (WFLA) – A man and his friend are facing charges after he was seen on Facebook eating pancakes in the middle of a busy Lakeland roadway on Friday.

Police received a call about the man sitting in a crosswalk of the eastbound lanes of Memorial Boulevard and Brunnell Parkway.

The caller told police the man was sitting in a chair with a small table in front of him, eating what appeared to be pancakes.

“There is a gentleman sitting in the middle of the road with a folding table, eating,” said one caller.

The next call to 911 was not as nice.

“One of the guys has got a mouth full of gold teeth, cussing everybody. It ain’t unusual, they’re fools,” said the caller.

Responding officers were unable to locate him, until a video was later posted to Facebook and shared with police.

Several people tagged the video with the suspect’s name, Kiaron Thomas, 21.

Thomas was interviewed and admitted it was a prank.

Travis Riley is a self proclaimed comedian and said the stunt was meant as a joke.

“I’m a comedian, so I just make a lot of funny videos,” said Riley.

Lakeland Police were not amused.

“I think they are stupid. It may have been a prank and it wasn’t a good idea because you’re putting other people in danger,” said Lakeland Police Sergeant Gary Gross.

Thomas’s actions prevented vehicles from moving and created an obstruction, according to police. He was charged with placing an obstruction in the roadway and disrupting the free flow of traffic.

ScottLevison
Criminally Insane

Postby ScottLevison » Sat Mar 25, 2017 4:01 pm

http://www.wtsp.com/news/polk-couple-in ... /425351536

Polk couple in jail over Facebook post fight which ended with shotgun blast

10News Staff , WTSP 3:58 PM. EDT March 24, 2017

POLK COUNTY, Fla. -- A brawl over a Facebook post between a Winter Haven man's current girlfriend and his ex-girlfriend ended with a shotgun blast which landed the boyfriend in jail on felony weapons charges.

Nobody was hurt by the gunshot as Charles Sigler, 24, fired it into the air to break up the fight. But it was enough to draw the attention of deputies who were called to the residence of ex-girlfriend Colecia Wilson, 24, on Thursday night to investigate.

According to the Winter Haven Police Department, Sigler and his girlfriend, Monica Little, 23, drove to Wilson's home at 2304 Whispering Trail to confront her over a Facebook post.

Little allegedly confronted Wilson and began a verbal argument which escalated to physical violence. WHPD said Little grabbed Wilson by the arm, dragged her out into the roadway and spit in Wilson's face. The fight caused Wilson minor cuts to her legs.

Police said that Sigler, who was armed with a sawed-off shotgun under his black trenchcoat, took out the weapon and fired one time. After the fight Sigler and Little left the area and returned to their home at 911 Hillside Court where police found both suspects.

When he was questioned by police, Sigler initially denied that he was present during the fight and possessing the gun but then admitted he was there and fired a BB gun instead.

Officers continued to press Sigler for more information and he agreed to let them search his vehicle. They found the shotgun which had its serial number removed.

Sigler was arrested and charged with possession of a short-barreled shotgun, altering or removing a serial number from a firearm, possession of an altered firearm, discharging a firearm in public and resisting an officer without violence.

Little was also arrested for her role in the altercation. Both were taken to Polk County Jail.

ScottLevison
Criminally Insane

Postby ScottLevison » Fri Mar 31, 2017 9:29 pm

http://www.floridatoday.com/story/news/ ... /99813900/

'Old, dirty jar' of pennies rejected, Melbourne store clerk threatened, police say

J.D. Gallop , FLORIDA TODAY Published 5:24 a.m. ET March 30, 2017 | Updated 12:08 p.m. ET March 30, 2017

Melbourne police say they have been tipped off to the possible identity of a woman who tried to pay for goods using what authorities described as an ‘old, dirty jar of pennies,’ before getting into an argument and threatening to kill the store clerk when he rejected the payment method.

“We’re still trying to identify her. Someone called us with the information last night,” said Lt. Steve Sadoff of the Melbourne Police Department.

The woman, dressed in black, turned up about 1:30 a.m. Wednesday at the 7-Eleven, 1700 S. Babcock St. in an incident captured on surveillance camera. Police said the woman picked up several items and then presented the clerk with pennies for payment.

“She had a bunch of pennies in a jar. They clerk said they were dirty, gunked-up pennies. That’s when the argument started,” Sadoff said.

The clerk told the woman that the amount of pennies were too much for the store to accept. The woman then got angry, pushing and throwing items off the counter and at the clerk, police report.

The woman then told the clerk that she was going to kill him. She then left the store and returned with two firearms, police reported. The clerk did receive minor injuries in the confrontation, police reported. Several other witnesses were also in the store.

The woman, however, then left again in a white, four-door sedan. It was not immediately known if the woman took her penny jar with her.

Police said she could face several charges, including aggravated assault with a deadly weapon, battery and criminal mischief over $1,000. Melbourne police are now searching for the woman.
ScottLevison
Criminally Insane

Postby ScottLevison » Sun Apr 02, 2017 5:17 am

http://www.miamiherald.com/news/local/c ... 29089.html

Mom shows up at high school and beats up teen, police say. It doesn’t stop there.

MARCH 29, 2017 11:51 PM

BY CARLI TEPROFF

A mother of a teenage girl showed up at Carol City Senior High School, knocked a cell phone out of another teen’s hand and hit her several times, police say.

Ernstlatta LaFrance, 30, continued to unleash her fury when the teen showed up at her home with her friends to retrieve her cell phone, according to a police report. She used an ax to destroy the victim’s car and broke the teen’s middle finger, an officer wrote.

LaFrance, who faces a slew of charges including strong-armed robbery, child abuse and aggravated battery was being held Wednesday in Miami-Dade’s Turner Guilford Knight Correctional Center on a $38,000 bond.

Police say it all started with a fight at Miami-Dade County Fair & Exposition between LaFrance’s daughter and a group of other girls.

LaFrance, her partner, Erlisa Evans, and LaFrance’s daughter showed up at Carol City High Monday during dismissal to confront her daughter’s rival, according to police.

The victim then showed up later that day at LaFrance’s town home in Opa-locka, according to the report.

“The defendant took a stick and struck the victim’s right hand and the vehicle,” an officer wrote in the report.

Evans then came outside and fired three shots into the air, police said. Evans, 28, was also arrested and faces charges including aggravated assault with a deadly weapon and firing a gun in public.

Police say that LaFrance then used Facebook to post a video of the fight “and warned those messing with her daughter to beware,” an officer wrote.

“The defendant also bragged on Facebook telling the victim that suffering two black eyes was not the end and she would use a gun,” the officer continued.

On Tuesday, LaFrance agreed to speak to police, according to the report. She admitted to getting in a fight with the teen and told police that her girlfriend fired the shots, the officer wrote in the report.

ScottLevison
Criminally Insane

Postby ScottLevison » Sat Apr 08, 2017 6:12 pm

Does Bruce Wayne know about this??????

http://wfla.com/2017/04/08/recall-issue ... n-florida/

Recall issued after dead bat found in salad sold at Walmart in Florida

(WFLA) – A recall has been issued for a prepackaged salad mix sold in Florida after a dead bat was found inside a bag sold at Walmart.

Fresh Express announced a precautionary recall of its 5 oz. Organic Marketside Spring Mix.

The mix was marketed in a clear container with production code G089B19 and the best-if-used-by date of APR 14, 2017 located on the front label, and UPC code 6 8113132897 5 located on the bottom of the package.

Two people discovered the dead bat in a package they had purchased in a Florida Walmart.

The salads were carried at the retailer’s stores across the Southeastern region of the United States.

After lab testing, the Centers of Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) could not determined whether the bat discovered in the salad had rabies.

Fresh Express says anyone who has purchased the recalled product should discard and not consume in. If you’ve already eaten the recalled salad and did not find suspicious material, you are not at risk and there is no need to contact health authorities.

A full refund is available where purchased or by calling the Fresh Express Consumer Response Center toll-free at (800) 242-5472 during the hours of 8 a.m. to 7 p.m. Eastern Time.
ScottLevison
Criminally Insane

Postby Boomshadow » Sun Apr 09, 2017 10:40 pm

If you find a live bat in your salad, it's all good.
— H.L. Mencken
Boomshadow
Criminally Insane

Postby ScottLevison » Sun Apr 16, 2017 7:50 am

http://www.wftv.com/news/local/mount-do ... /512718214

Mount Dora barber killed after refusing to cut man's hair for $2, witnesses say

by: Julie Salomone, WFTV Web Staff Updated: Apr 15, 2017 - 7:32 PM

The owner of a Mount Dora barbershop was killed Friday after refusing to cut a customer’s hair for $2, witnesses said.

The incident was reported about 6:30 p.m. at The Giants Barber Shop in the 2900 block of Old Highway 441.

Witnesses said the shooting suspect, Ryan Thornhill, 36. entered the shop earlier in the day asking for a $2 haircut.

When the victim, Wifredo Nieves, 39, refused, Thornhill left but later returned armed with a gun.

After shooting the barber, Thornhill was seriously injured by patrons inside the barbershop, witnesses said.

A weapon was recovered at the scene, police said.

Longtime customer Mark Turner was driving by the barbershop with Nicole Russell, and when they saw the flashing police lights they stopped to find out what happened.

“I think it’s sad,” Turner said. “The guy that owns the place, he’d cut our kid’s hair.”

He couldn’t believe that someone would shoot the owner of the shop over the price of a haircut.

“Just for somebody to kill a man behind $2, I think it’s sad,” Turner said. “And whoever did this needs to be brought down and carried to the jail immediately.”

Russell called the victim “real nice and real kind.”

Danny McKay told Eyewitness News that he goes to the shop and knows Nieves and the other owner.

"(They're) very nice young men that (are) trying to do the right thing and make an honest living," said McKay.

Thornhill was booked into the Lake County jail early Saturday and is being held without bail. He's been charged with first-degree premeditated murder and assault.

An arraignment hearing has been scheduled for May 8 at 8:30 a.m.
ScottLevison
Criminally Insane

Postby ScottLevison » Tue Apr 18, 2017 11:06 pm

http://www.fox13news.com/news/local-new ... 5406-story

Proposed liquor store would be neighbors with AA center

By: Evan Axelbank, FOX 13 News
POSTED:APR 17 2017 11:24PM EDT
UPDATED:APR 18 2017 08:13AM EDT

TAMPA (FOX 13) - Hillsborough County is considering a proposal to open a liquor store next door to an Alcoholics Anonymous meeting center.

The pitch has drawn the ire of Pastor Norm Coffman, who helps run the Oak Grove United Methodist Church near the 4048 N. Armenia Ave. site.

"We are in favor of new businesses," said Coffman. "But we feel this location is inappropriate."

The plan has triggered a hearing from the Hillsborough County zoning officer. It would be 450 feet from Twin Lakes Elementary School, 100 feet from the Methodist church and daycare, 30 feet from residential homes, and would share a wall with Alcoholics Anonymous.

"Temptation is closer," said Coffman.

He made the argument at a zoning hearing Monday night. But the representative for store owner Kalpana Patel told the zoning officer Patel should be allowed to relocate from Brandon.

"There is liquor everywhere, it doesn't matter that it's next door," said the representative, Dixie Liberty. "Anybody can move in next door, there could be a restaurant with full liquor. What are they supposed to do, move?"

She argues the listed distances to the church, daycare and school are misleading, because there is an eight-foot concrete wall, which adds an additional 500 feet of distance to travel.

"It's not like you can just sit outside and see everything that is going on," said Liberty.

Even though the hearing was triggered because of those distances, the hearing officer asked specifically about the AA center.

"Did you investigate it at all, do you know anything about it?" asked the officer.

Liberty argued AA is not protected like schools or churches, saying the county doesn't already list them as a community use.

"She is sorry that they are there, but this is her business, this is her life," Liberty said of Patel. "If they don't like it, I am quite sure they can, they can move."

The hearing officer has three weeks to rule on the proposal.
ScottLevison
Criminally Insane

Postby Boomshadow » Thu Apr 20, 2017 12:46 am

Shit, they used to have a liquor store right next to a used car dealership on Adamo.
— H.L. Mencken
Boomshadow
Criminally Insane

Postby ScottLevison » Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:06 am

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/local/browa ... story.html

'Creepy' church, court volunteer sentenced for trying to meet teen girl for sex

Paula McMahon
Sun Sentinel

Before Timothy Taffe aggressively tried to lure a 14-year-old girl he met at church into having sex with him, he had a long history of “creepy” and troubling behavior toward young girls and women in South Florida and Iowa, court records show.

Several young teen girls complained about overly long hugs and inappropriate "compliments" about their appearance.

Tenants accused him of being a peeping Tom who showed up inside their homes unannounced and uninvited.

A 15-year-old girl who worked at a local grocery store begged her bosses to excuse her from carrying his bags to his car because he made comments that made her feel very uncomfortable.

Though prosecutors said none of those prior incidents rose to the level of criminal charges being filed, they were a “creepy” prelude to a serious offense that could have been even worse if law enforcement had not intervened.

Taffe, 71, of Fort Lauderdale, pleaded guilty earlier this year to a federal charge of attempting to entice a minor to engage in sexual activity. Taffe, who also volunteered in the state and county courts system in Broward County, admitted he targeted a 14-year-old girl he met while volunteering as a greeter at St. Benedict's Episcopal Church in Plantation.

On Monday, U.S. District Judge William Zloch sentenced Taffe to 10 years in federal prison, followed by 25 years of supervised release. He also ordered him to register as a sex offender and undergo sex offender treatment. The judge banned Taffe from having contact with minors, possessing pornographic material or having unfettered access to computers and the internet.

The girl repeatedly told Taffe she was 14, rebuffed him and questioned the appropriateness of his comments, she told investigators. The girl's grandmother reported the email exchanges to Father Alberto Cutie at the church, according to court records.

Cutie told the Sun Sentinel that church officials ousted Taffe from the congregation in the month before his arrest and after the girl’s family — and other members of the congregation — reported their concerns.

Taffe, an insurance broker, was arrested in October at the Westfield Broward Mall in Plantation when he showed up for what he thought would be a sex date with the girl. He had promised he would give her his BMW and his "inheritance" if she had sex with him. He also secretly took photos of her at church events, offered her alcohol and asked her to be his "secret friend."

Taffe didn't know that undercover agents from the FBI and Plantation police had taken control of the girl's phone and email address and Taffe had been sending them inappropriate messages and graphic photos of himself for weeks before he arranged the sex "date."

Law enforcement was waiting for him at the mall.

On Monday in court, Taffe, who was dressed in navy blue jail scrubs and leaned on an aluminum walker, told the judge that his behavior toward that minor was very inappropriate. But he he claimed it was all about playing out "dark, fictional fantasies" in his mind.

"I think the devil really had control of me in those filthy conversations," Taffe said.

He claimed he was only capable of having inappropriate conversations and not of following up with any sexual activity because he said he was "a lonely, handicapped guy."

Records show Taffe sent the agents, posing as the girl, photographs of his bed sheets and ice cream he had bought in preparation for what he called “my dream when we met.” He also provided instructions on how the girl should prepare for sex with him and that she should get birth control pills.

"I've never been a child molester. I've never been a pervert," he said a few times during the court hearing.

Several people over the years had reported his behavior around women in general and young girls in particular was disturbing, prosecutor Jodi Anton told the judge. He was barred from at least one church in Iowa before he moved to South Florida, she said, and a long list of women and girls had complained about him.

Taffe sought out volunteer positions at churches in Iowa and Florida, she said. He also volunteered as a guardian ad litem in Broward County, where he was supposed to represent the interests of children involved in divorce and custody cases, records show. But complaints about his conduct followed him everywhere, the prosecution said.

Before his arrest, Taffe was in the process of trying to get a visa for a young woman he married in Jamaica who had been hoping to move here with her daughter, records show.

During his sentencing, Taffe persisted in trying to explain away his behavior as that of a friendly old guy whose motives were misinterpreted and trying to imply that the girls had not been bothered by his unwanted attention.

But Judge Zloch was having none of it and challenged Taffe to explain.

Taffe talked to his attorney, Assistant Federal Public Defender Robert Berube, thought about it for a bit and then reined in his objections.

“I don’t want to get myself in deeper water than I’m already in,” Taffe said. “I just want to get out [of prison] as early as possible.”

Prosecutor Anton told the judge that Taffe’s escalating behavior of harassing girls — online and in person — was disturbing.

“You can see there’s a predatory problem with women and particularly young girls,” she told the judge. “The defendant has a problem.”

Many of the girls he approached were upset by and fearful of the unwanted comments, hugs and lingering touches, she said.

Taffe seemed relieved when he learned his fate, jointly recommended by the defense and prosecution, was the minimum punishment allowed by law 10 years in federal prison. He leaned his hand on his attorney’s shoulder and stared down at the floor.

(Looks like our asshole of a governor)
ScottLevison
Criminally Insane

Postby ScottLevison » Sun Apr 23, 2017 4:23 pm

http://www.tallahassee.com/story/news/2 ... 100597580/

Man loses piece of ear in fight over case of beer

Karl Etters , Democrat staff writer Published 11:48 a.m. ET April 18, 2017 | Updated 2:18 p.m. ET April 18, 2017

An April Fool's Day argument over a case of beer resulted in one man having a portion of his ear bitten off and another facing aggravated battery charges.

Tallahassee Police Monday arrested David J. Peters of Plantation in connection with biting off the top of Dustin Parrish's right ear. Medical staffers were unable to reattach the severed piece of his ear.

Peters is charged with aggravated battery causing bodily harm. He bonded out of the Leon County Jail early Tuesday.

According to police, Peters, Parrish and several other friends were returning from a party near Florida State's campus when Parrish asked Peters to hold a case of beer.

The 22-year-old dropped the beer and the two launched into a heated verbal argument. After they exchanged a few punches, Peters was put into a headlock, precariously close to Parrish's face.

When they separated, someone in their group picked up the top portion of Parrish’s ear off the ground. He reported that Peters said he could not breathe in the headlock, stating “what else did you expect me to do?”

Several others gave a similar account of the altercation.

As much as 40 percent of Parrish’s ear had been bitten off, he told police, and could not be reattached.
ScottLevison
Criminally Insane

Postby Boomshadow » Sun Apr 23, 2017 11:28 pm

ScottLevison wrote:http://www.tallahassee.com/story/news/2017/04/18/man-loses-piece-ear-fight-over-case-beer/100597580/

How is this even news in Florida? In, say, Oregon, sure. But this happens so often in Florida, there's probably a code for it in the ER.

Boom"Code Tyson"shadow
— H.L. Mencken
Boomshadow
Criminally Insane

Postby ScottLevison » Thu Apr 27, 2017 9:36 am

http://www.bradenton.com/news/local/cri ... 09164.html

Going rate for sexual act in Bradenton: $25 and Chicken McNuggets

BY JESSICA DE LEON
jdeleon@bradenton.com

A homeless Bradenton woman was charged with prostitution after she agreed to perform a sexual act for $25 and chicken McNuggets, according to the Manatee County Sheriff's Office.

Alex Direeno, 22, was arrested at 10:15 p.m. Tuesday and charged with prostitution and possession of drug paraphernalia. She is being held at the Manatee County jail on bonds totaling $620.

Direeno walked out of the Marathon gas station, 2009 14th St. W., Bradenton, and unknowingly waved at an undercover detective with the sheriff’s office Special Investigations Division who was talking to another woman, according to an arrest report. The detective told the other woman he was there to pick up Direeno, and Direeno got into his car.

As the undercover detective drove north on 14th Street West, he told her that he wanted oral sex and she agreed to do it for $25. As they briefly went back and forth on the price, she finally agreed to perform the act for $25 and Chicken McNuggets.

How many Chicken McNuggets was not specified in the report.

The detective showed Direeno he had cash and he pulled over in the 4200 block of 14th Street West, where other detectives were waiting to take her into custody.

When Direeno’s purse was searched, detectives found two hypodermic needles, several small baggies, a spoon and a burnt glass pipe — consistent with either heroin or crack cocaine use.

In 2012, a woman was walking north in the 6300 block of 14th Street West, when she was propositioned by an undercover detective. That woman later agreed to have sex in exchange for two double cheeseburgers from the dollar menu at McDonald’s.

But after the detective bought her the double cheeseburgers for $2.75, she also request a $40 tip for her services. She was arrested and charged with prostitution, but it unknown if she ever got to eat her cheeseburgers.

Just last month, Direeno was placed on probation for three years after she pleaded guilty to grand theft auto and possession of drug paraphernalia.

ScottLevison
Criminally Insane

Postby ScottLevison » Fri Apr 28, 2017 9:18 am

http://www.abcactionnews.com/news/regio ... e-officers

Man bites firefighter, attacks and threatens police officers

WFTS Webteam
11:11 AM, Apr 28, 2017
7 mins ago

POLK COUNTY, Fla. - After responding to a traffic crash in Polk County Tuesday night, a firefighter was bitten by a man who also attacked multiple police officers.

Deputies from Polk County Sheriff's Office responded to a traffic crash at Thornhill Rd. and Moonlite Pass in Winter Haven.

Upon arriving, one officer says he saw Breonski Gardner, 26, walking around in the roadway. When he asked for his license, the officer said the man threw his keys at him and later attempted to put a lanyard around the officer's neck.

A struggle followed, and some other emergency officials tried to help get the man under control and into handcuffs. During this struggle, firefighter Kevin Shireman was bitten in the forearm by the man. When Shireman stood up, the man bit him again "taking a chunk of skin off and causing permanent disfigurement."

After the firefighter had already been bitten, Gardner also attempted to bite another officer's hand multiple times.

A taser was deployed in the struggle as the suspect was kicking and bracing his legs against the door.

Due to possible injuries sustained in the struggle, Gardner was transported to Bartow Regional Medical Center. Once there, attempts were made to take off his restraints, but he tried to bite an officer again and made death threats toward him and his family.

He is charged with Battery on a Law Enforcement Officer, Aggravated Battery on Firefighter/Emergency Med, Corrupting by Threat a Public Servant or Family, and Resisting an Officer with Violence.
ScottLevison
Criminally Insane

Postby Boomshadow » Fri Apr 28, 2017 11:56 am

ScottLevison wrote:http://www.bradenton.com/news/local/crime/article147109164.html

Going rate for sexual act in Bradenton: $25 and Chicken McNuggets

She'd have to pay me a lot more than that.
— H.L. Mencken
Boomshadow
Criminally Insane

Postby ScottLevison » Thu May 04, 2017 6:23 pm

http://www.clickorlando.com/news/former ... f-stealing

Former homeowner threatens new homeowner with hammer, accuses him of stealing
Victim bought house after foreclosure

By Shannon McLellan - Social Media Producer
Posted: 3:21 PM, May 01, 2017
Updated: 3:21 PM, May 01, 2017

OCALA, Fla. - An Ocala man's attempt to be a nice guy came back to bite him, he says.

The man purchased a home that had been in foreclosure when he found the previous owners had left property inside the home.

The man contacted the previous owner and invited her to retrieve her things from the home, rather than tossing them out.

While Judith Howland, 52, returned to the home and began to gather the items she left behind, she began to accuse the owner of stealing several items that were missing.

The homeowner says Howland grabbed a hammer and began swinging at the owner of the home, attempting to hit him.

The owner said he was able to grab the arm and hold Howland on the ground until Marion County deputies arrived. Howland was able to smash the back sliding glass door of the home with a hammer before she was restrained, deputies said.

Howland was arrested at the scene and charged with aggravated assault with a deadly weapon and criminal mischief.

ScottLevison
Criminally Insane

Postby ScottLevison » Fri May 05, 2017 6:37 pm

https://www.sebastiandaily.com/news/ver ... vice-6274/

Man Exposes Penis During Vero Beach Church Service

May 4, 2017 Scott Lee Vero Beach News

VERO BEACH, Florida – On Wednesday, the Central Assembly Of God called the Indian River County Sheriff’s Office to report a man who exposed his penis during their church service in Vero Beach.

Christopher James Frey, 48, walked up during the service to the front of the stage and turned to face the crowd of 39 people.

Witnesses say Frey pulled down his pants and “exposed his penis to everyone in the room during the service,” according to the report.

Several men in the church ran to the front of the room and got Frey to “pull his pants up and escorted him out of the main area,” the report said.

Deputies then made contact with Frey and asked him why he exposed his penis to everyone in the room.

“The Lord told me to do it,” Frey told deputies.

Frey was arrested and transported to the Indian River County Jail where he was charged with exposure of sexual organs and disorderly conduct.

ScottLevison
Criminally Insane

Postby ScottLevison » Sat May 06, 2017 6:01 am

http://wfla.com/2017/05/06/police-suspe ... lant-city/

Police: Suspect dead after bizarre shoplifting incident in Plant City

By WFLA Web Staff
Published: May 6, 2017, 8:06 am Updated: May 6, 2017, 8:41 am

PLANT CITY, Fla. (WFLA) – Police say a non-emergency call for a shoplifting ended with one man dead in Plant City.

Officers were called to the Lowe’s Home Improvement Center on James L. Redman Parkway around 6:40 Friday night for the report of a man who went into the store and removed a knife from its packaging before concealing it.

Police say store employees confronted him when he tried to leave without paying. The suspect reportedly threatened the employees with the knife then ran away towards the Park Springs Apartment complex on Park Springs Circle.

While he was running away, police believe he impaled himself with the knife. He continued to run, but eventually collapsed behind a building in the apartment complex.

The suspect was taken to the hospital, where he was later pronounced dead.

Anyone with information is asked to call Plant City Police at (813) 757-9200.
ScottLevison
Criminally Insane

Postby ScottLevison » Fri May 19, 2017 6:44 pm

http://wsvn.com/news/local/man-defecate ... -shooting/

Man defecates on warrant after arrest related to Deerfield Beach shooting

MAY 17, 2017
Erica Santiago

A man who was arrested Tuesday in relation to the shooting of a deputy in Deerfield Beach later defecated on a copy of a search warrant.

As his arrest paperwork was being processed, 24-year-old Demetrius Vidale placed a copy of the warrant on a chair and defecated on it, according to the complaint affidavit.

The suspect was identified via DNA and fingerprints recovered at the scene. He was apprehended while driving in Fort Lauderdale.

According to the Broward County Sheriff’s Office, around 3 a.m., Monday, a deputy on duty heard shots fired at the Tropicante nightclub, near the 4200 block of North Dixie Highway. Upon his arrival, a suspect shot at the deputy, forcing him to return fire.

The deputy was never hit in the exchange. The suspect, along with several others subjects fled the scene as the deputy returned fire. It remains unknown if he struck any of the fleeing subjects.

The suspect fled in a vehicle along with other suspects. Officials put up a perimeter in the area early Monday morning and K-9 units and SWAT team members assisted in the search, but they were unable to locate a suspect.

Vidale was charged with attempted first degree murder, attempted murder of a law enforcement officer, armed robbery, obstructing a police officer executing a search warrant and driving with a revoked license.

ScottLevison
Criminally Insane

Previous

Return to Come On In